• Tory plans for tax breaks for married couples.
• The vital importance of upholding Christian moral codes.
• The real cause — the replacement of Biblical codes of behaviour by moral neutrality.
• A staggering 46 per cent of children are now born to unmarried mothers.
• One in three unmarried couples separate before their child’s fifth birthday, compared with one in 11 married couples.
Another thought provoking piece by Melanie Phillips:
Has David Cameron at last discovered his inner Conservative? First he electrified everyone by defying the EU over his defence of Britain’s financial services sector against the threat of crippling regulation.
Then, at the weekend, he delivered a speech about the vital importance of upholding Christian moral codes.